It is hard to beat camping under a wide-open sky, unless you are doing it during the summer months when it is incredibly humid. With a portable air conditioner for camping, you can enjoy the great outdoors, while braving harsh temperatures outside.
What is the best portable air conditioner for camping?
- 1]The SereneLife Portable Air Conditioner System features a lightweight, handy, sleek body design intended to be used in the bedroom, living room or garage at home or office. It features rolling wheels for easy portability.
- 2]Ivation Portable Air Conditioner with WiFi. This all in one wonder delivers the power, automation, safety, and portability you crave with multiple operation modes [cool, dehumidify, fan] and three handy control methods [smartphone, remote, LCD display]
- 3]BLACK+DECKER cools, dehumidifies, and circulates air to stand up to summer heat. Offering immediate, uninterrupted comfort, this Portable Air Conditioner for camping features easy-to-use LED electronic controls and is quiet while you sleep.
- 4]TOSOT 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner provides a restful night of sleep or focused periods of work by clocking in at a peak sound level of 49 decibels(lab standard) when running at the lowest fan speed.
- 5] Airo Comfort’s portable air conditioner it’s perfect for rooms approx. 350 sq. ft. With horizontal or vertical window installation, and automatic wind swing motion to evenly distribute the cool air throughout any room.
Table of Contents
- Best portable air conditioner for camping
Best portable air conditioner for camping
- 1]SereneLife 10,000 Portable Air Conditioner for camping
- 2] Ivation Portable Air Conditioner with Wi-Fi
- 3]BLACK+DECKER Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control
- 4]TOSOT 8,000 Portable Air Conditioner for camping
- 5]Airo Comfort Portable Air Conditioner for camping
- Related links
Best portable air conditioner for camping
You can select from models that simply need to be flipped on and off, such as battery-operated models, to models that require a cord to be connected to a generator – the more powerful ones. Your next trip to the park could be made better with air conditioning in your tent. This article provides a few tips on how to use a portable air conditioner for camping.
What is a portable air conditioner?
It is a portable air-conditioning system that does not require permanent installation and can move between locations.
Do portable air conditioners work in a tent?
Yes, especially during the summer months, an air conditioner inside your tent will keep you cool, comfortable, and relaxed. Providing effective and steady cooling for rooms up to 150 square feet, this floor-standing portable air conditioner stands tall. For dorm rooms, apartments, cabins, campers, offices, tents, bedrooms or living rooms, it’s the perfect small air conditioner.
Are portable air conditioners quiet?
Yes, see the reviews below. If possible, purchase a model that is quieter not only for your sake while sleeping, but for the sake of the other people at your campsite as well. The majority of modern portable air conditioners produce a reduced amount of noise, however, it’s important to find one that specifies a level that is comfortable to operate.
How do you use a portable air conditioner in a tent?
- Place portable air conditioner on a flat surface
- Connect one end of the hose inlet to the portable air conditioner
- Connect remaining end of the hose inlet to the tent window
- Connect the unit to an electrical outlet with the correct electrical supply and switch it on.
What are the pros and cons of portable air conditioners?
- Ability to cool small areas without using much energy
- East to setup – no additional maintenance involved
- Compact and light weight,which makes them easy to move
- Covers small areas,like small rooms and tents,not efficient for large rooms or tents
- Noise – some units are noisy
Best portable air conditioner for camping
1]SereneLife 10,000 Portable Air Conditioner for camping
This portable air conditioner for camping comes with Built in Dehumidifier, Fan Modes, Remote Control, Complete Window Exhaust Kit for Rooms. An incredibly lightweight, convenient and sleek body design allows this air conditioner to be used for camping, any room of the house, office, whether it’s a bedroom, living room or garage. The portable air conditioner for camping comes with a rolling wheel for easy movement around the house.
There is an 8000 BTU cooling power that can cover a room up to 215 square feet in size. The airflow is 290 m3/hr with maximum moisture removal of 1.2 liters/hr and operating noise of 55 to 57 decibels. With a portable air conditioner, you will not only get the cooling effect but also help reduce the amount of humidity in your home, which acts as a purifier and thus makes your home less hospitable to allergens such as dust mites, mold, and mildew.
This portable air conditioner for camping unit features a simple electric plugin operation and has 4 modes [ cooling, heating, dehumidifier and fan]. This unit features automatic swing mode with moving wind vents to ensure maximum air circulation.
- Remote control: Controls the fan speed and temperature of the air conditioner remotely with the digital remote.No need to get up from your work to do it.
- Low Noise Level Motor Rolling Wheels: Allows you to hook up your portable air conditioner and cool your home.
- Moisture Removal / Dehumidifier Pulls warm air from the room, sends it past coils cooled by refrigerant, and then sends heated air and moisture in hose and out of the house.Freestanding Room Air Conditioner features a lightweight, handy, sleek body design intended to be used in the bedroom, living room, garage, tent, home or office.
“This air conditioner works well in apartments. I have a 3 bedroom and I can feel the effect in each room. That being said, the further you get from it, the less effective it is. It will not cool down your whole apartment like a central AC, but it really does do the job if you don’t mind moving it to suit the room you need coolest in very hot weather. I kept it in the living room during the day, and bedroom during the night. “
2] Ivation Portable Air Conditioner with Wi-Fi
Discover a refreshingly simple way to cool your environment with the Ivation Portable Air Conditioner with Wifi. This wonder delivers the power, automation, safety, and portability you crave with multiple operation modes and three handy control methods [smartphone, remote, LCD display].
Download the My Ivation app on App Store or Google Play to monitor and adjust the temperature, change fan speed, set a timed schedule, and keep track of all your Ivation smart devices in one central hub. The heavy duty AC unit is compact and lightweight, making it an ideal addition to any small home, apartment, camper, or office. Roll to a discreet area of the room, vent out any sliding window via the provided assembly kit and get connected in no time. Stay cool the smart way.
An adjustable fan allows for 3 speed options: low, medium, and high. Initiate ‘swing’ mode to direct air in all directions. The vent will oscillate for a more uniform cooling and a blissful breezy effect. The 3-in-1 device solves all your air circulation challenges, serving as an air conditioner, fan, and dehumidifier all in one. Use the Included remote with an easy read LED display to check and adjust the temperature, fan, mode, and more.
Whether you’re looking to cool a stuffy apartment, tent, remove moisture from a muggy office, or equip your RV with the comforts of home, the Ivation Portable Air Conditioner is at your service and in your smartphone! Easy WiFi connectivity lets you monitor and control your climate on any popular smart device.
Users can roll the travel-friendly tower from room to room, carry it aboard a camper, and install the discreet exhaust hose in a nearby sliding window. It’s a perfect compact solution to all your air conditioning, air circulation, and dehumidifying challenges.
Download the free My Ivation App to use your smartphone as a remote control. Power on, adjust the temperature, program timers, set schedules, change modes, and monitor everything from afar. (Available in App Store or Google Play) Once you register your air conditioner in the My Ivation app, you can control your home’s climate with just a swipe
Three ways to Control the AC
- Onboard LCD: Power on, select settings, view current temperature, and check Wi-Fi status on the built-in LCD screen.
- Remote Control: Use the remote with easy-read LED display to check and adjust temperature, fan, mode, and more.
- My Ivation App: Download on any Apple or Android device to monitor and control the unit from anywhere in the world.
“We are using this AC in a 600 sq ft living area and are quite happy with it. The noise level is less than the 8,000 BTU unit it replaced, and it effectively cools the area. The vent hose securely attaches to the body and the window panel. Be aware that the window panel only extends to about 4 feet tall, so if you have a large window there may be a gap. I don’t use the remote or WiFi features.
One feature I rather like is the thermostat – when it reaches the correct temperature, it completely shuts down whereas my previous AC would only turn off the compressor and keep running the fan when it reached temp. It’s nice that you can count on it to power off when it has done its job.”
3]BLACK+DECKER Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control
Enjoy a comfortable home climate with this versatile BLACK+DECKER unit. It cools, dehumidifies, and circulates air to stand up to summer heat. Offering immediate, uninterrupted comfort, this portable air conditioner for camping features easy to use LED electronic controls and is quiet while you sleep.
This unit comes with wheels and side carrying handles for easy to maneuver mobile comfort and everything needed for an effortless installation. Keeps a room, home, bedroom, apartment, dorm or garage that is approximately 150 – 250 square feet or 10 x 20 foot room pleasant and comfy during the summer months when the heat sets in. Works in double hung or sliding windows only, no crank windows.
Troubleshooting tip: If unit does not start when pressing ON/OFF button- Drain the water in the bottom tray and Reset the temperature. To minimize noise and vibration, the air conditioner should be placed on a firm floor. For safe and secure positioning, place the unit on a smooth, level floor strong enough to support the unit. For better Cooling – Make sure all the windows and doors are Closed, Connect the duct and make sure it can function properly and Clean the air filter. Also, note that micro processor control delays the compressor from operating until 3 mins have passed
It’s been almost 2 years and I am still loving this a/c. I remove the vent assembly in the winter and reinstall it when needed. It still cools my home as expected. I’d still recommend it! In face, I’m ordering another one right now for my very hot laundry room
Sometimes shopping online is difficult because reviews are all over the place. I am so glad I ignored the negative reviews and purchased this unit! Is it as quiet as having central a/c? No, of course not. And you’re not very bright if you expect it to be. When it’s running I don’t even have to turn the volume up for the television. Our window unit was absolutely deafening and we could barely talk to each other even when sitting side by side on the sofa. Forget hearing the tv. So this was a pleasant surprise. I’d read so many reviews that it was noisy
4]TOSOT 8,000 Portable Air Conditioner for camping
This portable air conditioner for camping provides a restful night of sleep or focused periods of work by clocking in at a peak sound level of 49 decibels(lab standard) when running at the lowest fan speed. This unit is portable enough to be wheeled from room to room to provide cool air wherever you need it most, the bedroom, office, or living room or tent.
The mounting kit can be installed in most windows, especially horizontal windows not suitable for window mounted machines.No more kids messing with the controls and stopping the flow of cool air. Simply press and hold the + and – buttons for 3 seconds to activate the child lock function, preventing any changes to be made via the control panel until the child mode function is reversed.
Perfect for falling asleep without leaving the unit powered on all night, a 24hour timer gives you complete control over how to run your AC unit. Choose from 0.5 to 24 hour length of time and one of 3 function modes (cool, dry, fan) to automatically power the unit down after that set time. The portable air conditioner is equipped with a washable air filter that can be cleaned with simple soap and water.
“Absolute game changer. I don’t know why I waited so long. After reading multiple reviews on different portable air conditioners, this one did not have many to go by but I really liked the humidifier option so I rolled the dice and so happy i did. It cools my whole living room and if i close one bedroom door upstairs and leave my bedroom door open ( 2bd apartment) it will reach my room after an hour . It isnt very quiet but everything else outweighs the noise . I also want to say if you only have sliding glass doors like I do , have no fear you can buy the same kit I bought, see picture( also bought on amazon/search sliding door kit for portable AC ) definitely worth every penny”
5]Airo Comfort Portable Air Conditioner for camping
Cool your room, home, bedroom, apartment, tent and office with Airo Comfort’s portable air conditioner. Beat the heat and stay comfortable, it’s perfect for rooms approx. 350 sq. ft. With horizontal or vertical window installation, and automatic wind swing motion to evenly distribute the cool air throughout any room.
Simple and easy to use. The Airo Comfort portable air conditioner for camping has a clear and elegant LED display on the front panel, which can be turned off when you sleep. It also features a digital touch button panel on top which includes a Timer, Model, Speed, Power and LED display. Additional functions like: LED on/off, Sleep and select (°C /°F) can be controlled using the remote control included.
The compact and modern floor air conditioner combines cooling, fan and dehumidifier models with a quiet performance for peaceful sleep, work and relaxing time. All accessories are included in the packaging, with clear instructions and drawings to help you install quickly and without the need for special tools. The unit has wheels, so it can easily be moved around in any room that is window accessible.
The air conditioner has a removable and washable double-layered filter to protect you and your family from dust, pet dander and hair. We recommend you to clean the filter every two weeks of operation. Regular cleaning and maintenance will ensure your air conditioner work efficiently and help prevent air quality issues.
Airo Comfort portable air conditioner has been designed to operate with a noise level of not more than 50 dB (A), so it is with the quiet performance for your peaceful sleep and working time. The vertical swing function distributes airflow efficiently for better cooling.
“I knew it’s gonna be hot somewhat like 99 F in Southern California summer. Did lots of research on portable A/C. I figured one rated to cool at least 600 sq ft is needed for my living Room around 300 sq ft and kitchen is another 300 sq ft. I had it set up in 15 minutes, plugged in and turned it on. Worked great. The next morning I turned it on around 10am and the room cooled down in less than an hour and was freezing in the room. The next day same thing. It’s quite as it can be and works awesome and I’m pleased with this purchase.
I like to elaborate some key points:
1. Quiet but powerful with 14,000 BTU.
2. Effective in up to medium sized room.
3. Installation is simple and quick, just use your instinct without having to read the manual.
4. Easy to use with the enclosed remote control. It has double LED display which looks nice.
5. 3-in-1 multi-function can fulfill all your cooling & ventilation needs with cool, fan, & dehumidifying modes all in one machine. “
When you are on your next adventure, consider investing in a campervan or tent air conditioner. If you are looking for an AC that will meet your tent and weather needs, look for one that performs well. Your tent AC might improve your comfort at your destination, but it should also be easy to transport, carry, store, and power while out on the road.